Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup of Universe database?

2006-01-13 09:40:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup of Universe database?
From: aarmstrong AT tsbrass DOT com (Andrew Armstrong)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:40:51 -0500

--=__PartB4963DE3.0__=

Hi all...
This is a long shot, but does anyone on the list have an experience =
backing up Universe databases with NBU? (universe is an ancient pick =
database derivative that is now owned by IBM). We just migrated it from an =
HP-UX os over to Suse Linux Enterprise. Performance is much better, but I =
am not sure that all the db files are backing up properly. We are doing a =
manually scripted split mirror just prior to backup, and are backing up =
the part that has been split off. I am not sure that the db files are =
consistent enough to ensure a good restore in a disaster situation. Any =
recommendations would be appreciated...
=20
Andrew Armstrong
Network Engineer
T & S Brass and Bronze Works
AArmstrong AT TSBrass DOT com
(864) 834-6785
=20
=20

--=__PartB4963DE3.0__=

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>Hi all...</DIV>
<DIV>This is a long shot, but does anyone on the list have an experience =
backing up Universe databases with NBU? (universe is an ancient pick =
database derivative that is now owned by IBM). We just migrated it from an =
HP-UX os over to Suse Linux Enterprise. Performance is much better, but I =
am not sure that all the db files are backing up properly. We are doing a =
manually scripted split mirror just prior to backup, and are backing up =
the part that has been split off. I am not sure that the db files are =
consistent enough to ensure a good restore in a disaster situation. Any =
recommendations would be appreciated...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Andrew Armstrong<BR>Network Engineer<BR>T &amp; S Brass and Bronze =
Works<BR><A href=3D"mailto:AArmstrong AT TSBrass DOT com">AArmstrong AT TSBrass
DOT com</=
A><BR>(864) 834-6785</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>