Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Oracle RAC backups

2006-01-13 08:12:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Oracle RAC backups
From: Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org (Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:12:19 -0500
I have shown the DBA's how to initiate backup and restore using the client
software, jbpSA, the
windows Backup Archive and Restore utility and command line options too.  The
DBA team finds these
methods unacceptable, and want access to the NBU console.   The DBA's are used
to having access to
the Admin Console on the product they currently use.  Their environment is
exclusively Oracle
running on Unix, while the NBU environment is all Intel which is a lot more
heterogenous with
multiple operating systems, databases, email and clustered servers.  The policy
and scheduling is
relatively more  complex than the Unix environment.   Only the data recovery
team has access to NBU.

I am still trying to understand the options for Oracle Policy configurations.
I have currently
configured a policy using the Oracle Template Wizard on the client.   It seems
that if using
templates you have to limit each policy to 1 client and 1 template.  That would
mean at least 2
policies per database.

Vincent Mase