Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle RAC backups

2006-01-12 15:39:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RAC backups
From: jlightner AT water DOT com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:39:16 -0500
We did NOT give the DBAs access to the Netbackup GUI.  We tell them the
name of the policies and they include them in their RMAN scripts.   You
HAVE to run RMAN because Netbackup and Oracle only support RMAN for the
OCFS filesystems used on Linux.  (We didn't do ASM - suspect its true
for that as well.)  They kick off the backups from their side using the
RMAN scripts they developed.  The only thing done on the NB side is to
create the policy itself.