Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Excluding jobs for file systems when using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

2006-01-06 20:45:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Excluding jobs for file systems when using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:45:11 -0800 (PST)
--0-714069447-1136598311=:53212

 Solaris master, 5.0 MP5, also on MP1 before upgrade...

I'm noticing mostly on Linux clients that using the common combination of
multiple streams and the directive ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES creates streams for
removable / auxilliary / pseudo / memory / kernel file systems like:

/dev/pts
/proc
/proc/bus/*
/dev/shm
/media/*

Generally, I have these listed in exclude_list. No data is slurped from them
and written to tape.

Is there a way to prevent these streams from ever being created in this
scenario? It would be nice to not have the chaff.

As a sub-topic ... and maybe both of these are feature requests ... it also
would be nice if a file system mount point is in the exclude list a job should
not be created for that file system either.

Thanks,

---------------------------------

Jim VandeVegt
VandeVegt @t yahoo.com, Jim.VandeVegt @t PhysiciansMutual.com
Eliminate the IRS and put the fair consumption tax in place. Visit
http://www.fairtax.org/

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.
--0-714069447-1136598311=:53212

the common combination of multiple streams and the directive ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
creates streams for removable / auxilliary / pseudo / memory / kernel file
systems
 I have these listed in exclude_list. No data is slurped from them and written
to tape.<br><br>Is there a way to prevent these streams from ever being created
in this scenario? It would be nice to not have the chaff.<br><br>As a sub-topic
... and maybe both of these are feature requests ... it also would be nice if a
file system mount point is in the exclude list a job should not be created for
<P><B>Jim VandeVegt</B><BR>
VandeVegt @t yahoo.com, Jim.VandeVegt @t PhysiciansMutual.com <BR>
Eliminate the IRS and put the fair consumption tax in place. Visit
http://www.fairtax.org/<p>
                <hr size=1>Yahoo! Photos<br>
Ring in the New Year with <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38087/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//page?.file=calendar_splash.html&.dir=";>Photo
 Calendars</a>. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.
--0-714069447-1136598311=:53212--