Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OT: IBM 3581 upgrade

2006-01-06 01:27:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OT: IBM 3581 upgrade
From: ChavesJAL AT delmonte-phil DOT com (Chaves, Jan Amcil L.)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:27:32 +0800
Hello!  I have an IBM 3581 model L17 desktop LTO-1 autoloader.  I
noticed it uses a standard NEC LTO drive, the kind you'd find in similar
IBM products.

Has anyone tried replacing the LTO-1 drive with a similar LTO-2 drive?

IBM doesn't sell an upgrade kit (or hasn't posted it anywhere on their
site or won't tell me about it) but they do sell an internal/standalone
drive under FRU 71P9141.

I need to move all our drives up to LTO-2.  It would be a pity to scrap
this autoloader, as we did with our HP SureStore 2/20.

Thanks,

Jan