Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] zoming survey/question

2006-01-05 06:30:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] zoming survey/question
From: shekhar.dhotre AT lendlease DOT com (Dhotre, Shekhar)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:30:18 -0500

You are correct on vendor recommendation , we had that discussion during
the planning phase and vendor did not recommended it .Port based zoning
is what we are using here and after comparing advantages/disadvantages
of the two -(soft and hard) we decided keep port based zoning .

>>If a gbic fails on your switch, you'll be rezoning then instead
Nope:-)
If a SFP fails then the server fails over to the other director, If a
drive fails and IBM SE replaces in the middle of the night to make it
work I don't have to wake up and rezone the switches/directors .

Shekhar Dhotre
ICT Storage Engineering.
v 404.846.7483 | f 404.848.1077
Shekhar.dhotre AT bovislendlease DOT com
48 Perimeter Center East | Atlanta, GA  30346

Remember the difference between a boss and a leader; a boss says "Go!" -
a leader says "Let's go!"