Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT drives going down

2006-01-04 11:07:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT drives going down
From: shekhar.dhotre AT lendlease DOT com (Dhotre, Shekhar)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:07:29 -0500

I would do the following :

>From sun server run : I have netbackup running on AIX servers .

1) robtest -mount a scratch tape into one of the drives .
2)run a tar back to the tape of /tmp- if the tar backup is successful
then the OS and drives are fine - move to the NetBackup part.
4)run NetBackup scan command and print the output .
5)match the S/N of the drives and scan out put and see the drive order
i.e. 1 2 3 4 5etc..
6)Run tpconfig  -and configure drives and robot in NBU.  There tpautocnf
command too but it messes up drive numbering.its in
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin.

                       WARNING

The Media Manager device daemon is active on this machine.
If any device changes are made, the daemon must be
stopped and restarted for the changes to take effect.
To do this enter:
    /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/stopltid
    /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid <args>

Press any key to continue or CTRL-C to terminate tpconfig

That's the clean way I know and use .

Shekhar Dhotre.
Sr.Storage Engineer/Architect.
Bovis lend LeaseInc.