Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database help

2006-01-04 03:11:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database help
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:11:08 -0000
Sandy
Have you tried using a different tape to backup the DB? How large is it?
Is there any logging enabled to see at what point the backup of the DB
Fails?

Also, is it stored on a disk with sufficient space?
What is the retention periods? You could use bpexpdate to force them out of
Netbackup, and assuming the tapes are ok, you would need to Import ALL of
the tapes in 2 phases (from experience I can say it's a real nightmare to do
and takes approx 5 hours PER tape!)

Simon Weaver
Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium
Tel: 02392-708598

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium.eads DOT net