Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange license

2006-01-03 11:24:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange license
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:24:54 -0600
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 11:12:54AM -0500, Spearman, David wrote:
> To my knowledge it is one client per license. However like most client
> type licenses you only need one to make it all work. I suppose Veritas
> (Symantec) is trusting the customer to be ethical.

I heard last month that Symantec is going to be rolling out a new
license system.  If I understood them correctly, it will initially be
voluntary and eventually enforced.  This may actually us to properly
manage our licenses - it's currently an ugly mess especially if you have
a bunch of virtual servers that you are backing up (which we're doing on
a lot of hosts).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA