Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] sharing tape drives

2005-12-20 13:36:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] sharing tape drives
From: jason <veritas2-bu AT jasons DOT us> (jason)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:36:13 -0500 (EST)
Will NBU6 allow multiple media servers to write to a single tape drive
simulaneously?  A customer of mine is going to using STK T10000 drives and
their media servers each can't supply enough data to keep the drive fully
fed so we're hoping to be able to multiplex that way.

Any other ideas besides making the media servers faster?  Unfortunately
that's not an option due to a software limitation.

--
-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner
    --- There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong. ---
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
                                        - Albert Einstein