Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Production 6.0GA

2005-12-15 16:27:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Production 6.0GA
From: Gregory.Geyer AT Avnet DOT com (Geyer, Gregory)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:27:05 -0700
I opened a ticket on another subject and while I had the support rep he
mentioned two 6.0 issues that applied to my environment
        - They've seen issues with HP-UX masters at 11.11 or above where
the activity monitor is blank.
        - If not all the SAN media servers are upgraded at the same time
as the master, some of the media servers may not be able to use SSO tape
drives.  A big issue for us as that's all we have.

According to him they don't know the cause of either problem yet, and
thus I would doubt any fixes would be in MP1 (if this info is accurate).
Of course this is all hearsay, but makes me lean towards waiting until
MP2, though I think 6.0 will be much better than 5.x primarily because
of the consolidated schema.