Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tape & SAN Media Server

2005-12-13 11:26:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tape & SAN Media Server
From: jking AT hnl.bcm.tmc DOT edu (Justin King)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:26:24 -0600
Not sure about the cleaning.  Some libraries have cleaning slots and will
automatically take care of it, but I think it just depends on the model.

As for the media server, here's the short list:

1. Make sure the machine can see the tape drive(s) directly over the SCSI/Fibre
bus
2. Run NBU auto-config to identify and setup the drives, robot and storage unit.
3. Setup a policy that backs up to the newly created storage unit.  Just test
the local machine first, then start adding clients.

Good luck.