Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VAULT: how to turn off resetting Vault ID/Slot

2005-12-12 16:10:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VAULT: how to turn off resetting Vault ID/Slot
From: alex.gerber AT sepracor DOT com (alex.gerber AT sepracor DOT com)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:10:51 -0500
Hey Guys:
Need help. I've recently implemented Vault. I would like to move slotted media
instead of containers at my offsite storage facility. I would like to assign
each tape an individual Vault Container/Slot ID.
I know how to assign the ID, but I noticed something odd during my testing.
When I import the tapes that are coming "back" from rotation, the Vault
Container ID and/or Vault Slot ID are reset. I am guessing that vltinject is
responsible for this.
Is there anyway to avoid this reset.

Alex GerberSenior UNIX Systems AdministratorSepracor Inc.p.508.357.7445f.
508.357.7777NB 5.1 MP2

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION AND ANY ATTACHMENTS HERETO IS
CONFIDENTIAL, MAY BE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED, AND IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE ADDRESSEE(S). IF THE READER OF THIS
MESSAGE IS NOT AN INTENDED RECIPIENT, OR AN AGENT THEREOF, YOU ARE HEREBY
NOTIFIED THAT ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS
COMMUNICATION OR ANY ATTACHMENT HERETO IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE
RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY E-MAIL, AND
DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE .