Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Obtaining NB client host properties from command line

2005-12-07 15:31:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Obtaining NB client host properties from command line
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:31:01 -0600
On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 02:00:07PM -0600, David Rock wrote:
> * Winter, Todd <todd.winter AT intel DOT com> [2005-12-07 10:59]:
> > Is there a way to get Netbackup client host properties from the command
> > line?  I'm looking for something similar to bppllist (which spits out
> > all the settings for a policy). In particular I'm interested in querying
> > clients for their exclude lists via command line.
>
> windows, yes. UNIX, no.
>
> for Windows systems, you can use bpgetconfig to read client info:
>   bpgetconfig -M client
>
> This will include Exclude/Include information.
>
> On UNIX, this doesn't work. The closest thing you can do is ssh to the
> client and look for exclude_list files in /usr/openv/netbackup or use
> some other method to get to the files.

If you know the name of the policies and schedules, and you do since
you're the admin (and you could do a bplist on the client's
/usr/openv/netbackup directory), you can get the exclude files with the
undocumented, unsupported bpgp command to get an arbitrary file.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org