Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Policies - Full & Incr

2005-12-06 07:29:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Policies - Full & Incr
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 06:29:18 -0600
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 08:44:28AM -0000, WEAVER, Simon wrote:
> I performed a full backup on 2 clients over the weekend using their existing
> policies. The backups were successful.
>
> Yesterday, to keep in line with procedures, I created 2 brand new policies
> and set off the Incrementals - this morning they are still running!
>
> Is this because they are running under the NEW policies I created? Just want
> to clarify if this is the case, or whether there is another issue

The incremental is based off the last full in the same policy.  If you
created a new policy separate from the full, then the first backup will
consist of everything.

Each policy should have all the schedules in it - i.e. Full and
Incremental in the same policy.

If you rename a policy, the same thing happens - you trigger a full
backup.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org