Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN MEDIA SERVER

2005-12-03 06:47:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN MEDIA SERVER
From: stefaan.margot AT pandora DOT be (Stefaan Margot)
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:47:30 +0000
Simon,

if you want to perform backups through fibre you need to buy a Media Server
license OR SAN Media Server license.
The difference between the two is that a MEDIA SERVER can backup itself and
other clients than itself, a SAN MEDIA SERVER can only backup itself and NO
other clients! (There is also a significant price difference between the two
:-) ).
So depending on what you would like to do, you'll have to make a choice between
the two licenses.
If you want to share your tape drive between your netbackup master server and
your (SAN) Media Server(s), which will be the case, you will also have to
purchase the Shared Storage Option license (1 license per shared tape drive).

Hope this helps.

regards,
Stefaan.