Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] increased logging in v5.1MP4?

2005-12-02 12:59:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] increased logging in v5.1MP4?
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:59:03 -0500
I normally have my backup server logging set to 1 and typically generate
"admin" logs of about 4GB per day.

A couple of days ago I updated from v5.1 MP3AS2 to MP4, and logging to
"admin" has jumped 10-20 times. I'm very happy that I have stuff to page
me when file systems approach full, as it did this morning.

Turning logging down to 0 for most settings has returned it to a more
sane rate.

Just thought some would want to know ... and if any Veritas/Symantec
folks are listening .... I really would like to know when such changes
are made!  (assuming it is due to MP4 ... it's not obvious where change
is, except there is a lot more stuff there, more than anyone would like
at the first notch of logging!).

cheers, wayne