Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Searching a command to deactivate all polici es

2005-12-02 00:33:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Searching a command to deactivate all polici es
From: kemal AT econ.umn DOT edu (Kemal Badur)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:33:17 -0600

Good to know. I never used the bpclient command, so -mj did what I
was expecting it to do, but I will make sure to mention this when I
tell people about it :)

I do have a question, however: I wanted to try this out, but I don't
seem to be able to get the syntax for bpclient right. I tried

        bpclient -update -M mymaster -client myclient -max_jobs 2

and when this failed with

        db_CLIENT() failed: no entity was found (227)bpclient: no entity was
found (227)

I tried

        bpclient -All -M mymaster -L

and this fails with the simpler, but the same

        bpclient: no entity was found (227)

Can somebody who actually uses this command tell me what I am doing
wrong?

On Dec 1, 2005, at 8:10 PM, Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:

> The "bpconfig -mj" doesn't work reliably.  If you've got a
> different value
> set in the client database (bpclient -max_jobs) for a specific
> client, it
> takes precedence over the global max jobs value.
>
> -M

Kemal Badur
University of Minnesota
CLA-OIT Division of Research Computing Services
1035 Heller Hall 271 19th Ave S Minneapolis MN 55455
kemal AT umn DOT edu
(612) 625-0567 (office)
(612) 670-9960 (cell)
(612) 624-0209 (fax)