Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Way to get revision with 5.1?

2005-11-29 21:06:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Way to get revision with 5.1?
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:06:50 -0600
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:19:17AM -0700, Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:
> Unix seems to work correctly with bpcoverage
>
> bpcoverage -c <client> | grep VERSION
>
> NT doesn't seem to work with this..  Is there a "../openv/pack/pack.summary"
> file equivalent on NT that you could bpgp back to your master server for
> parsing?

Sometimes.  Some versions have it and some don't.  Even if it's there,
there is no mention of any of the recent security packs.  We've had to
write custom scripts to grab registry settings out of the clients.  The
GUI client ON THE CLIENT doesn't even display the correct version if you
do an "About".  This is true on both Win2K and 2k3.

I really, really wish Symantec would fix this.  How the heck are we
supposed to verify that we're running current versions if they don't
make it easier for us to find out which version is actually on the
system?

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA