Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] List of tapes required for a restore from a client

2005-11-28 11:39:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] List of tapes required for a restore from a client
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:39:55 -0800
We have noted over the years that the command set on the server
contains things that are not on the client-side.

In order to allow a selected set of machines access to more of these
commands I wrote up a little C daemon that listens on a port and
allows (TCP-wrapped tightly) access to those server-side commands.

There is a corresponding piece of PERL code for running on the client-
side. Meant to be run from cron.

I am releasing a version for anyone else's interest.

I have posted it at:
http://backups.lbl.gov/~cmanders/bpclientd-0.3b.tgz

I also have posted other scripts that I have written to my webpage:
http://backups.lbl.gov/~cmanders

Feedback welcome.

I hope they are useful to others. Please do let me know.

Cheers!

--Chris