Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Busy Files on Unix

2005-11-28 06:26:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Busy Files on Unix
From: jfauv AT yahoo DOT es (Juan Fau)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:26:15 +0100 (CET)
Hi:

I'm trying to configure busy files on AIX systems, but
no success at the moment.

These are the steps I have followed:

1- Modify /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf:

BUSY_FILE_PROCESSING
BUSY_FILE_ACTION = /opt/fileinuse MAIL 1
BUSY_FILE_NOTIFY_USER = root

2- I installed patches 5.1 MP3

3- Directory in /usr/openv/netbackup/busy_files was
automatically created with two subdirectories
"actions" and "logs".
"logs" has files with name PolicyName.SchedName.xxxxx
and contents

11 /opt/fileinuse

"actions" has a file actions with contents:
/opt/fileinuse mail

4- I copied bpend_notify_busy to
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin (though I think this is only
for ignore, not for mail option)

The result of the backup was:
status 1: the requested operation was partially
successful
ERR - Modification time has changed while backing up
/opt/fileinuse

But no mail was sent to root.

Perhaps I forget something?

Regards.