Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [Version 5.1] bpend_notify problem

2005-11-22 11:59:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [Version 5.1] bpend_notify problem
From: GreenbergKA AT aetna DOT com (Greenberg, Katherine A)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:59:17 -0500
The parent will initiate ALL the backup processes for that client and
policy. There won't be all those bpsched things running all over the
place.

The parent job will spawn BPMOUNT, separate child jobs for each backup
stream and execute backup start and end notify scripts when starting up
and shutting down.

The changed scheduler to a new process called nbpem. Which creates a
lifetime worklist. There are 2 other new processes... job manager (this
is the parent/child multi-threaded backup process that replaces bpsched)
and resource broker (the interface into EMM, for drive allocation, media
server and Media ID). Everything you run now runs thru the Resource
broker, so all restores, vaults, anything that requires resources is now
managed thru it. You're supposed to be able to set up priority for it as
well... i.e. First restores, Second backups, Third Vaults.  Everything
will now show up in the Job Monitor.

This is all from my notes from a sitdown w/ Dave Little when he came
into Aetna, so apologies if I wrote anything down wrong! I would hope
most of this stuff is either in the SAG's or Release Notes for 6.0.

~Kate