Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tricking netbackup

2005-11-22 10:49:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tricking netbackup
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:49:58 -0600
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 08:33:48AM -0500, Paul Keating wrote:
> On Friday night it had a full backup, and on Sunday the data was
> migrated to SAN attached disk on a different, but same configuration
> server.
>
> is there any way to make Netbackup think that the "server1" that had the
> full on Friday night is the same machine as "server1san"?
> The data is the same, and the system config is the same, just the system
> name, and where the physical data is located has chaged (though the
> directory structure and drive letter is the same.)

I'm guessing (but have not verified) that the following might work:

- shut down NetBackup
- edit the STREAMS file for server1san and include the full backup entry
  from server1
- start NetBackup

If you try this and it works, please let me know.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org