Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL questions

2005-11-19 04:51:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL questions
From: perf AT peppas DOT gr (Jim Peppas)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:51:37 +0200
Hi,

I don't understand why you say that the "tapes" in the VTL will be the same
as in the physical. They wont.

Don't forget that NBU will treat the VTL as  a physical lirary, so you
cannot have the same tapes in the VTL and in the STK.
After you do the backups to the VTL, duplicate the tapes (by script or by
Vault) to physical ones and then expire  the VTL tapes. This will make the
physical tapes primary copies. All restores will now ask for the physical
tapes.

Regards,

Jim Peppas