Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] **** Status 6 in NB for RMAN policies *****

2005-11-18 14:01:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] **** Status 6 in NB for RMAN policies *****
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:01:09 -0700
I concur that the problem is often on the client.

Unfortunately, a status 6 message can mean nearly anything.  If the script
that calls the RMAN commands exits non-zero you get a 6, if the media
manager has an error then you get a 6, sunspots making static on your
favorite radio station then you get a 6.

Make sure you create the additional logging directories on the client that
are mentioned in the Oracle Agent guide.  I find the best diagnosis is
between the output of the rman script (don't send in-script errors to
/dev/null) and the logfiles in ../netbackup/logs/user_ops/dbext/logs (job
info), ../netbackup/logs/dbclient (Sched, status, params) &
../netbackup/logs/bphdb (STDOUT & STDERR).

-M