Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] **** Status 6 in NB for RMAN policies *****

2005-11-18 11:00:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] **** Status 6 in NB for RMAN policies *****
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:00:33 -0500
Ray.Hill AT ny.frb DOT org wrote, in part,  on 11/18/2005 9:55 AM:
> I've been getting status 6 every time the Rman backups run. Does any
> one have any ideas on this. The scripts are all on point so its not
> that easy.

In my limited experience, the problem is back on the client.  A quick
look at the logging your RMAN script produces should point you in the
right direction.  My typical status code 6's are from inactive DBs or a
full file system.  In any event, you can't (or I don't know how to) see
the problem by just looking at your backup server.

cheers, wayne