Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Why use storage unit groups?

2005-11-18 10:31:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Why use storage unit groups?
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (Williams, Kristopher L)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:31:34 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5EC55.294B9FB5

The only time I use storage unit groups is when I have drives from two
robot's connected on the same media server. Since a storage unit is tied
to a paticular robot, you have to make two storage units if you have
drives from two robots. In the policy, you can only select 1 storage
unit or group. By making a storage unit group with both storage units in
it, you are able to have failover to the other drives in another robot
if the first one goes down.
=20
Thanks,
=20