Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO2 tape label

2005-11-16 06:08:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO2 tape label
From: Jim Peppas" <perf AT peppas DOT gr (Jim Peppas)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:08:09 +0000
Hi,

Just define barcode rules to ensure that new tapes (with the L1 suffix) will be
defined as hcart2 media.

Just be sure that you do not have overlapping barcodes (A0000L1-A9999L1 and
A00000L2-A99999L2) because NBU uses (when properly defined) the first 6 chars,
so A00000L1 will be labeled as A00000. When you put A00000L2 in the library,
you will get the error "media not unique in database"

Many robots also have the functionality to report a given number of chars, but
this might be dangerous if you have overlapping barcodes. If you put A00000L1
in the lib, it will report to NBU A00000. So if you put A00000L2 in, then it
will think it is the A00000(L1) tape.  Big mess!!!

Regards,
Jim Peppas