Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Need success script

2005-11-11 17:39:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Need success script
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:39:00 -0600
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 01:43:41PM -0700, Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:
> The "past month" may be the tricky thing.  How much job history are you
> keeping?
>
> grep KEEP_JOBS /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
>
> Default is only 3 days.

I don't know how much overhead there would be if you cranked this up to
30 days.  In a small environment you may get away with it, but for
larger environments, that's a lot of job history to keep around inside
of NetBackup.

You may want to figure out how to capture the data yourself on a daily
basis and roll it up into a monthly report, or look at one of the
NetBackup reporting packages that are out there so that you can do
long-term reporting.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA