Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Failed job notifications

2005-11-10 18:06:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Failed job notifications
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:06:41 -0700
It's a shell script so the >, <, & = don't work as numeric comparitors.  It
uses the old Fortran formats:

-gt is "greater than"
-lt is "less than"
-ge is "greater than or equal"
-le is "less than or equal"
-eq is "equal to"

If you want to compare two strings, the the "=" sign is used.

so, your comparison should be changed to:

if [ $5 -gt 1 ]
then
  cat .....
fi

You might try something like this as more readable and uses less I/O to your
hard drive (the "EOF" at the bottom must start in column 1):

if [ $5 -gt 1 ]
then

cat<<EOF|mail -s "<big subject line>" rmajor AT vericenter DOT com