Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] YAPAMT

2005-11-09 18:54:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] YAPAMT
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:54:15 -0600
--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

* Gwinn, Robert <RGwinn AT reliant DOT com> [2005-11-09 13:51]:
> I had heard that Netbackup 6 was supposed to have a lot of this
> functionality built in to the base install
> But then again it is netbackup...
>=20

Based on what I have seen so far of NOM that comes with NBU 6.0, It will
likely replace some of the "Real Time" functions of Storage Console once
it matures a bit more. One promising feature is that it appears to be a
halfway point between a 3rd party tool and the Activity Monitor; it
consolidates Masters and allows for some interactivity, such as
restarting jobs, etc. so you can use a single screen for day-to-day
operations, but there will always be a need for advanced
reporting/trending functions that NOM does not appear to be going after.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft