Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] cross mount points? NFS?

2005-11-04 11:26:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] cross mount points? NFS?
From: cballowe AT gmail DOT com (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:26:15 -0600
I can see how the sym link could fool netbackup.

NetBackup probably looks at the mnttab or something similar to
determine which filesystems are NFS -- in the mnttab, it sees /filer
so it ignores /filer. When it gets to /mnt/filer it doesn't see it as
a symbolic link and it's not listed in the mnttab as being an NFS
filesystem, so it gets backed up. Because I've never heard of someone
doing a mount to a symbolic link before, I'm not surprised that
Veritas doesn't expand the paths in the mnttab out to the actual path.

-Charlie