Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Number of mounts before getting rid of a tape?

2005-10-31 15:46:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Number of mounts before getting rid of a tape?
From: George.Herbert AT SunTrust DOT com (Herbert.George)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:46:10 -0500
Some studies done in the 90s showed that tapes are a remarkably stable
medium so long as they are not subjected to temperature or humidity
extremes.  So if your tapes are in a controlled environment, it is
probably prudent to wait for errors before junking a tape.  Tape mounts
by this standard are irrelevant.

George Herbert Infrastructure Planning Engineer Enterprise Technology
Infrastructure - Storage Solutions 407-762-5671 (STNet 241)