Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configuring a DLT 220/320 to Read DLT IV Media

2005-10-30 03:47:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configuring a DLT 220/320 to Read DLT IV Media
From: smpt" <smpt AT peppas DOT gr (smpt)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:47:03 +0000
NO,
veritas doesn't support the native backward  read-compatability of SDLT drives
with DLT IV media
If you must restore from DLT media you must change the density SDLT drive to
match the dencity of the DLT media.
OR you can configure an old DLT700 drive as standalone only for the
restore(spesial storage unit isn't needed)

stefanos