Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recommended number for NUM_DATA_BUFFERS?

2005-10-27 12:27:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recommended number for NUM_DATA_BUFFERS?
From: MConner AT imb DOT org (Conner, Mike)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:27:14 -0400
I'm having trouble understanding all of this.  I found the documentation
on this for windows... http://support.veritas.com/docs/183702

I'm using NB5.1 MP1.  When I go through and look at these logs, I don't
see any waits or delays in the bpbkar log on the client.

Then as I am going through this document, it says the default value for
buffer_size is 32K.  When I go onto my clients, they default to 16.

How in the world do I change all of my clients to 32k in one easy step.
Also, why is my default 16 instead of 32?  Could the person who
installed NB have done this on the install?  Is it because the media
server is set to 16?  I can't seem to find where that is set.  I see no
file that would have set it to 16.  Also, if I jump all of these up from
16 to 32, I shouldn't have any problems, right?
Thanks
Mike