Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU and Clustering (VVR, VCS Global Cluster, EMC's SRDF-A)

2005-10-26 16:39:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU and Clustering (VVR, VCS Global Cluster, EMC's SRDF-A)
From: Aleksandr Rainchik <rainchik AT mail DOT ru> (Aleksandr Rainchik)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:39:45 +0400
Hello,

We have NBU 5.1MP2 running on Solaris and looking into creating
"geographically separated" cluster, using Global Cluster option
for VCS.

Two sites that we have can only talk IP to each other, so we can't
connect fabrics together and share the same SAN disk between sites.

So we have to use some sort of replication to move data between
sites, which could be VVR or EMC's SRDF-A.

Does anyone has an experience with setting up similar environments,
I'm especially interested to hear if it can be done with async
replications, like SRDF-A

Thank you!