Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] choice of master/media server platform

2005-10-26 08:53:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] choice of master/media server platform
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:53:04 -0400
Also consider that the prices for NetBackup licenses on Windows boxes
tend to be higher than those for a comparable or better UNIX box.
Consider that a 2 CPU Windows box is in tier 2...the same tier as an 8
way SunFire v1280. I'm not trying to imply that the 1280 is in the same
class as the 2-way PC, but it seems that Veritas is, or is trying to
cash in somehow.