Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is NetBackup on 64-bit windwos 2003 Server on AMD supported?

2005-10-25 17:43:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is NetBackup on 64-bit windwos 2003 Server on AMD supported?
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:43:49 +0100
As I read the OS support matrix, yes they are supported, but you use the
32-bit NBU binaries.  The only platform that uses 64-bit binaries is the
Itanium, which is why there is an IA64 folder on the CD.  I gather this is
because the Itanium is unique in that it cannot run the 32-bit code. AMD64
and EM64T have support for 32-bit instruction set, so are fine with the
standard binaries.   I reckon NBU does not really need the 64-bit support
- though it must bring a file size limit with it.

William D L Brown

"Asiye Yiðit" <Asiye.Yigit AT gantek DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
25-Oct-2005 15:47
Please respond to Asiye.Yigit AT gantek DOT com

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Is NetBackup on 64-bit windwos 2003 Server on AMD supported?

Hi All,

I have 64-bit windows 2003 on AMD opteron processor.
Are Netbackup client binaries provided by CD supported for this client?
I would like to know whether we can backup this server with these
binaries
Or not.

Regards,