Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] speaking of the update

2005-10-21 14:19:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] speaking of the update
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:19:32 -0400
No.

The security fix for 5.1 requires MP3A, which you have apparently
already done.

On Unix systems, the CLT file has the NetBackup client code (for all
platforms).  If installing locally to a client, that's all you use. If
pushing the fix to your client, you push after updating your NetBackup
server(s).  Note that when you update your NetBackup server, you use not
only the CLT file, but the 51_<server> file, too.  The doc says you do
one, then the other, but you download both and explode both and the
installer does them at the same time.

Hope this helps!   cheers, wayne