Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow Client Backup

2005-10-20 11:23:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow Client Backup
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:23:25 -0500
--=_alternative 00548A94862570A0_=

Netbackup Admins,

I have a windows client that is running the Lotus Notes Agent. It's
backups have been slow 4MB/sec compared to 14MB/sec over the last couple
of days. The server is running a broadcom net extreme 1GB copper nic.

I restarted the Netbackup service. Didn't fix things.
I restarted the Lotus Services. Didn't fix things.
Stopped the antivirus services. Didn't fix things.

I think it's either a leaky/crappy Net extreme GB driver or the server
needs to be rebooted because some lotus processes do not restart when you
restart lotus services.

I'm planning on upgrading the Net Extreme GB driver tonight from version
6.3 to 7.1.

Have you ran into windows network drivers that slow down over time?

--=_alternative 00548A94862570A0_=

the Lotus Notes Agent. It's backups have been slow 4MB/sec compared to
14MB/sec over the last couple of days. The server is running a broadcom
net extreme 1GB copper nic.</font>
fix things.</font>
fix things.</font>
fix things.</font>
extreme GB driver or the server needs to be rebooted because some lotus
processes do not restart when you restart lotus services.</font>
GB driver tonight from version 6.3 to 7.1.</font>
that slow down over time?<br>
--=_alternative 00548A94862570A0_=--