Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Too many email notification with Netbackup and Oracle agent

2005-10-20 03:25:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Too many email notification with Netbackup and Oracle agent
From: alfred.ky.mak AT dragonair DOT com (Alfred KY MAK)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:25:03 +0800
--=_alternative 0028BEFC482570A0_=

Hi all,

Whenever I try to backup or restore with oracle backup, it comes out a lot
of emails notification.
Following is the example :-

Backup on client for user by server succeeded.

File list
---------
/bk_u06h164bg_s6_p1_t571674992
..

However, for file based backup, I only get one email notification as
follows :-

Backup on client for user by server succeeded.

Policy = policy
Schedule = Full_Backup

File list
---------
C:\
System_State:\

I know that there should be one email notification concerning the job as
follows :-

Backup on client for user by server successed.

Status = the backup successed to back up the requested files.

Policy = policy
Schedule = Full

File list
---------
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/hot_backup.sh

Is it any way to change the netbackup setting to consolidate to only one
email notification and the oracle is on Solaris?

Besides, we are using Netbackup 5.0 MP5 Windows Version.
--=_alternative 0028BEFC482570A0_=

with oracle backup, it comes out a lot of emails notification.</font>
File list<br>
---------<br>
/bk_u06h164bg_s6_p1_t571674992<br>
.. <br>
</tt></font>
get one email notification as follows :-</font>
Policy = policy<br>
Schedule = Full_Backup<br>
File list<br>
---------<br>
C:\<br>
System_State:\</tt></font>
notification concerning the job as follows :-</font>
Status = the backup successed to back up the requested files.<br>
Policy = policy<br>
Schedule = Full<br>
File list<br>
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/hot_backup.sh</tt></font>
setting to consolidate to only one email notification and the oracle is
on Solaris?</font>
MP5 Windows Version.</font>
--=_alternative 0028BEFC482570A0_=--