Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Gig E Settings

2005-10-19 13:45:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Gig E Settings
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:45:06 -0500
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 12:28:09PM -0400, Harry Tirrell wrote:
> I am at a site with NBU 5.2

No you're not, because that release doesn't exist.  It's not relevant to
your question though.

> running on AIX 5.1,  we would like to set the GigE interfaces to GigE
> Full Duplex.  But we only GigE option we can find is autonegotiate.

The GigE standard mandates that autonegotiate be valid.  You do not need
to force your interfaces to be GigE - they'll always come up properly.
This isn't like the 100mbps world where you really did need to pay
attention.

In short, plug in a GigE network card into a GigE switch and the right
thing happens.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org