Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 2 retries every 4 hours - job eventually successful

2005-10-19 10:14:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 2 retries every 4 hours - job eventually successful
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:14:44 -0400
--------------010505080809030608000902

Unfortunately, NBU does not inherently create such a report. It doesn't
take into consideration jobs which initially failed but succeeded during
subsequent attempts. Advanced Reporter doesn't have that capability, NOM
won't have that capability intially, nor do any of the 3rd. party
reporting applications that I'm aware of. You'll need to custom code
such a report (as I did).

-Steve

--
===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - KS101
   Bedford, MA 01730
   tel: (781) 271-7702
   fax: (781) 271-2600
   mobile: (617) 893-9635
   email: ssesar AT mitre DOT org

===================================

--------------010505080809030608000902

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Unfortunately, NBU does not inherently create such a report. It doesn't
take into consideration jobs which initially failed but succeeded
during subsequent attempts. Advanced Reporter doesn't have that
capability, NOM won't have that
capability intially, nor do any of the 3rd. party reporting
applications that I'm aware of. You'll need to custom code such a
report (as I did). <br>
-Steve<br>
Stump, Robert (Contractor) (J6B) wrote:
 cite="midB365F689372B204392FB22911E7ADCD34F0488 AT BTL0SGEM002.AD.DLA DOT MIL"
 type="cite">
  <title>2 retries every 4 hours - job eventually successful </title>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
VERITAS VAN but did not get any replies</font>
  <a

href="http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=54575&amp;tstart=0";><u><font
 color="#0000ff" face="Arial"
UNIX master (Solaris9 NB 5.x) to report failed jobs, </font>
any job that eventually finished successfully within its defined window.<br>
for instance<br>
window = 12 hours<br>
retries = 2 times evry 4 hours<br>
job failed 2 times in first 4hours<br>
job failed 1 time in second 4 hours and then was successful on the
second attempt in the second 4 hours<br>
three failed jobs BUT the job was eventually successful within the
window so I do not want it included the failures in the failed jobs
report. </font></p>
with multistreaming! </font>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - KS101
   Bedford, MA 01730
   tel: (781) 271-7702
   fax: (781) 271-2600
   mobile: (617) 893-9635
   email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ssesar AT mitre DOT
org">ssesar AT mitre DOT org</a>

</pre>

--------------010505080809030608000902--