Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Master Server - DR planning

2005-10-19 09:51:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Master Server - DR planning
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:51:12 +0200
Hi Everyone
I am looking at ways to protect Netbackup, more importantly, all the
configuration issue, policies and importantly, the tape images.

I have Cataloge backups running after each scheduled backups that take
place, and I have them set to alternate between tapes. Today I also ran a
catalogue backup to a hard drive.

But in order to get NBU online as FAST as possible, I wanted to look at
doing an "offline" backup of the Veritas\Netbackup Folder.

If I stop all Netbackup Services on the Win2k3 Server, what folders would be
the essential ones to ensure I can recover netbackup as fast as possible?

Appreciate any input into this.

Simon Weaver
Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium
Tel: 02392-705354

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium.eads DOT net