Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Reports

2005-10-18 07:36:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Reports
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 06:36:59 -0500
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:24:26AM +0100, WEAVER, Simon wrote:

> Management have now taken a keen interest on the state of the backups and
> now want a weekly report on how things are going!
>
> Does anyone produce anything for management at their sites so they can
> simply see if the backups were good, bad or needed manual intervention?
>
> I was thinking something along the lines of RED = No good backup, YELLOW =
> Partial, Green = GOOD!

NetBackup 6.0 has the NetBackup Operations Manager, a free add-on that
gives you a web interface into the short-term data that management can
use.

For really good reporting and long-term trending & analysis, look at a
product like Aptare's StorageConsole (http://www.aptare.com).  My
management loves it and instead of me being their personal report
generator, they leave me alone and go to our portal for the information.
There are some screenshots on Aptare's web site so you can see the kinds
of things you can get there.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA