Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0

2005-10-14 09:47:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:47:02 -0400
v5 does not have FPs.  The current v5.1 patch level is MP3AS0979 (yuk!).

As part of your consideration of a move to a new version, you should
look at the support matrices to ensure your hardware and clients are
supported (if you need to have support available).  For example, I have
a couple of AIX 4.3.3 clients running v4.5 NetBackup.  v4.5 is the last
supported version for AIX 4.3.3.  But this is a supported configuration
while I'm on v5, as in general clients are supported for 1 version
back.  If I go to v6.0, I may not upgrade my AIX 4.3.3 clients to 6, nor
even to 5 ... there is just no way to be supported (due to my very old
OS clients).  It may work, but won't be supported.  Lots of info on the
support site.

cheers, wayne