Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] On updating my unix clients ...

2005-10-13 16:41:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] On updating my unix clients ...
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:41:20 -0500
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 02:46:53PM -0400, Wayne T Smith wrote:
> I hope I'm missing something.  If not, maybe it's time for customers to
> demand better delivery of the product (such as a single self-installing
> executable that installs and/or updates in one fell swoop)?

My preference would to have a running client check for an update on the
master server before it starts a backup.  If an update is available,
automatically download it and restart the backup, all without requiring
a client reboot.  This would mean that the NetBackup admin would only
need to keep the master server up to date and everything else gets done
automatically.  None of this manually visiting tens or hundreds of
clients installing new updates.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA