Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Which tape has expired

2005-10-13 11:48:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Which tape has expired
From: scottd AT HanoverDirect DOT com (Deiter Scott)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:48:29 -0400
The setup:

Our offsite admin have to sort through a stack of stand alone tapes with
either one or two drives.  The procedure is to stuff one weeks daily backups
on a single tape and then mount the weekly Friday before they leave.  These
are not manned during the time of the weekly fools backup.  We tried to use
the tapes in numerical order.  That did not work for some reason netbackup
wanted tapes from around the pool.

The problem:

How can our offsite admins know which tapes have come available.  It is
possible to view all the tapes in the admin console and then compare against
the current inventory but time consuming.  It would be useful to get a list
of tapes on a weekly basis that become available.  The media server in the
offsite locations are windows 2000 machines running netbackup 4.5.