Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Write Error 84

2005-10-13 07:58:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Write Error 84
From: len.boyle AT sas DOT com (len boyle)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:58:11 -0400
Simon,

It could be bad tapes, but it also could be bad tape drives, or bad software
even.

Are the errors only with one or a few tapes, or all tapes.

So the questions to start with.

What tape drives are you usings? What is the firmware level? Interfaces?
Switches? Drivers?
What tape carts are you using, any stats on the  tapes such as the total
number of mounts for each.

What are you seeing in the os and netbackup error logs. For netbackup error
logs look at the netbackup troubleshooting book. Look at the bptm logs.

len