Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] padding with zeros

2005-10-06 10:15:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] padding with zeros
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:15:30 -0500
Looks like you're backing up a database while it's online and not in
backup mode - either take it offline when you're doing your backups,
use a bpstart/bpend_notify pair to put it in and out of backup mode,
or exclude the .dbfs from the backups and backup the database using
exp or rman.

The "padding with zeros" message means the file changed between the
start of the backup and the end of it. Not a useful backup for an
oracle database.

-Charlie